Years ago I created a few custom aromatherapy room sprays for a friend’s business. One of the blends that I made I called the Enchanted Forest Aromatherapy Room Spray, which proved to be a favorite among her guests.
Her business, Stormking Day Spa and Cabins, is situated in the foothills of Mount Rainier, where she caters to couples looking to unwind, unplug, and relax. I think the spray captured the essence of the area, and the magical feeling she has created for her guests.
Today she called me to ask if I still had the recipe for the Enchanted Forest room spray. A woman who had been a guest 15 years ago wanted to know the exact proportions of the essential oils that were used, so I went through my notes and found it for her.
The room spray has a very woodsy and earthy smell, which I find helps to calm and ground me.
The oils I used:
- Cedar Atlas essential oil has a sweet, woodsy smell, and helps to produce a calm and meditative state of mind.
- Vetiver essential oil has a sweet and smoky aroma. The earthy scent helps to ground and calm the nervous system.
- Basil essential oil has a sweet, herbal scent. It can be calming and help relieve mental fatigue, enhance clear thinking and improve memory.
- Patchouli essential oil has a heavy, sweet and earthy smell. It helps to deeply relax the nervous system, and is great to use in meditation.
- Sandalwood essential oil has a sweet and woody scent. It is grounding and calming.
Enchanted Forest Aromatherapy Room Spray Recipe
Cedar Atlas Essential Oil: 10 drops
Vetiver Essential Oil: 4 drops
Basil Essential Oil: 4 drops
Patchouli Essential Oil: 4 drops
Sandalwood Essential Oil: 2 drops
2 ounce glass spray bottle
Distilled or filtered water
Add the drops of essential oils into a 2 ounce bottle with a spray or atomizer top. Then carefully add the water, leaving some room at the top so when you place the tube and top on, it doesn’t overflow.
Shake well, do a couple of sprays, and enjoy!
Where to find your supplies:
Our friends at Amazon have everything that you need!
2 ounce spray bottles:
Cedar Atlas Essential Oil
Vetiver Essential Oil
Basil Essential Oil
Patchouli Essential Oil
Sandalwood Essential Oil
Use of any advice or recipes from this page/website is solely at your own risk. Any recipes, recommendations, links to other pages/websites are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent an illness or disease. They are for reference purposes only.
Any statements on this page or given by the admins or members have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.